Playgroup Support Worker – Geraldton
Playgroup WA is currently seeking passionate individuals to join our Play Connect + team as Playgroup Support Workers. PlayConnect + is a supported facilitated playgroup for children aged 0-8 with disability or developmental concerns, and their families.
Position: Play Connect + Playgroup Support Worker
Locations: Geraldton - Monday
Hours: Part time, four hours per playgroup session (Each location runs one session per week)
Fixed term contract: June 2025
About the role:
As a Playgroup Support Worker, you will play a crucial role in improving outcomes for children and families by supporting the activities of our playgroup and empowering parents and caregivers. You will contribute to strengthening parenting roles, enhancing family wellbeing, and fostering the overall development of children. Your efforts will create a positive, inclusive and nurturing playgroup where families can thrive.
- Assist in delivering an inclusive playgroup service to families participating in Playgroup WA PlayConnect +.
- Contribute to the planning of inclusive play based activities for children and implement activities and experiences during playgroup sessions.
- Welcome new families and provide information and support to all parents/caregivers to assist them in participating in play and developmentally appropriate experiences with their young children.
- Provide information about and link families to other local programs, services and activities.
- Contribute to program reporting requirements, providing accurate and timely information as needed.
- A minimum qualification level of Certificate IV or an equivalent two years relevant work experience
- Knowledge or experience in supporting the development of children with disability and developmental delay aged 0-5 years.
- Experience in planning and delivering developmentally and appropriate activities for young children with additional needs.
- Ability to work collaboratively with services and organisations supporting families and young children.
To find out more about the position, please contact the PlayConnect + Project Coordinator, Melva Marshall on 0497 393 507. If you meet the requirements and are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume along with a cover letter addressing your experience, suitability and preferred location for the Play Connect + Playgroup Support Worker position to Melva.Marshall@playgroupwa.com.au. By COB, 30th January 2024