Playgroup WA's free PlayConnect+ supported playgroups are open to children with developmental concerns or disability aged 0-8 years and their families. (Great news! A diagnosis is not necessary).
The PlayConnect+ program is FREE and includes face-to-face weekly supported playgroups, online playgroups, and/or school holiday sessions, in Perth metropolitan and regional areas of Western Australia. The program offers holistic family support including information and advice about other disability support services.
We welcome families with young children with developmental concerns or disability. Children do not need a formal diagnosis to join a supported playgroup and siblings are also welcome to participate.
PlayConnect+ playgroups are facilitated weekly sessions and provide:
- Safe, supported and appropriate play experiences and peer engagement opportunities for children
- A space for parents, siblings and extended family to connect with and learn from other families
- Access to information and resources and links to services in the community
- Like most other playgroups, Playgroup WA's supported playgroups meet weekly for around two hours. No referral is required and playgroups are free of charge to families.
The PlayConnect+ program is a great way for families to connect, share knowledge, ideas, and have fun! Parents and caregivers say playgroups are beneficial because they are able to support each other.
“When I first started going, I didn't know anyone else with a child with communication and social delays, so meeting other parents was great..." - Parent member of a PlayConnect Playgroup.
In Term 4, Playgroup WA's PlayConnect+ playgroups are operating in the following WA areas (click on links below for more information):
- Bunbury - Bunbury term-time program for children aged 0-5 years on Wednesdays, 9.30am to 11.30am, at Hudson Road Family Centre, 95 Hudson Road, Bunbury.
- Geraldton - Geraldton term-time program for children aged 0-5 years on Mondays, 9.30am to 11.30am, at 41-43 Shenton Street, Geraldton.
- Seville Grove - Seville Grove term-time program for children aged 0-5 years on Mondays during school term, 9.30am to 11.30am, at Champion Centre, 76 Champion Drive, Seville Grove.
- Westminster - Westminster term-time program for children aged 0-5 years on Mondays, 9.30am to 11.30am, at Westminster Parent and Child Centre, 24 Marloo Road, Westminster.
- Whitfords (Hillarys) - Whitford term-time program for children aged 0-5 years on Tuesdays, 9.30am to 11.30am, at Whitford Family Centre, 21C Endeavour Road, Hillarys.
- Willetton - Willetton term-time program for children aged 0-5 years and family on Tuesdays, 9.30am to 11.30am, at 6 Kingfisher Loop, Willetton.
Online Playgroup - For families who may be isolated or live in remote locations, on Tuesday mornings at 10am (for approximately 1 hour), for children aged 0-5 years and family. Connect to online facilitated session with play activity for children and connection with other parents.
- 28 November 2023 - 10am
- 05 December 2023 - 10am
- 12 December 2023 - 10am
School Holiday Playgroups - January 2024 School Holiday Program Sessions for children aged 5-8 years at 6 Kingfisher Loop, Willetton
- 08 January 2024 - 1:00pm-3:00pm
- 15 January 2024 - 1:00pm-3:00pm
- 22 January 2024 - 1:00pm-3:00pm
- 29 January 2024 - 1:00pm-3:00pm
Are you interested in joining a PlayConnect+ program?
Please complete the Expression of Interest form below and select which program/s you are interested in.
PlayConnect+ Expression of Interest
Please complete this form to express your interest in attending a PlayConnect+ playgroup program and we will be in touch. PlayConnect+ playgroups are free, supported playgroups, run by a facilitator, specifically for children with developmental concerns or disability. The child attends with their parent or caregiver and their siblings are welcome to attend as well. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
For further information:
Contact Playgroup WA on 1800 171 882 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This service is delivered locally by Playgroup WA and funded by the Australian Government.