Top tips for a successful committee handover
Heading into the second half of the year is a good time to plan a ‘wind up’ meeting to hand over records, bank details and change account signatories. If the playgroup is incorporated it is a good idea to arrange a meeting for the outgoing playgroup committee to hand over to the incoming committee soon after your Annual General Meeting when the new committee positions have been determined.
- At the handover meeting, allow time for outgoing people to hand over relevant written information to their replacement
- All designated positions should include a clear role description. Example role descriptions can be found in the Templates section of the Playgroup WA Resource Kit (under Committee). These can be adapted to suit your playgroup.
- Check all finances are in order
- If the forms for changing signatories at the bank have not yet been completed, this meeting is a good time to do so
- List the names, addresses and phone numbers of both outgoing and incoming committee members
- Set a date for the new committee’s first meeting
- Be sure to update committee details on the Playgroup WA portal for managing your playgroup memberships by following the Online Committee Portal instructions.
Don’t forget, all our helpful resources for committee members can be found on our website here.