Valentine’s Day Craft – Handprint Love Bug
Help your little ones express their love with this super sweet handprint love bug craft!
What you need:
- Construction paper or card stock
- Red and black washable paint
- Sponge or paint brush
- Black marker
- Googley eyes (optional)
What to do:
- Cut out a small circle for the lady bug’s head out of black card and a larger circle for it’s body – you can use a glass and a bowl to draw an outline to follow
- Glue these to a piece of paper or card, draw on the antennas with a marker and glue on the googley eyes (or draw/paint these on)
- You can do this next step in two ways: take a damp sponge and put it on a plate, apply a few squirts of paint and massage it into the sponge using a paint brush or your fingers to make sure the paint is worked through as much of the sponge as possible. Press your little one’s hand into the painted sponge one at a time, gently press their hand onto a piece of card or paper. If you don’t have a sponge, you can paint their hands with a very thin layer of paint using a paintbrush, one at a time and repeat the above process.
- Once dry, cut out the handprints and lay on top of the ladybug body, positioning the thumbs inward
- Use the black paint or marker to create ladybug spots on the red handprints. You could do this with a paintbrush, fingerprints, q-tips
- Add a sweet message to the bottom and you’re done!